Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am woman.

If you know me, or if you are one of my several loyal followers, you know that I love to run (I am currently training for my first half-marathon)!  I would consider myself a 'runner,' but to me that sounds more like a person who runs tens of miles a day.  I am not that intense, and even if I had the time...who the hell wants to run much more than 10 miles a day, everyday, anyways?

To me, the feeling I get while running is multi-dimensional.  For starters, the flood of endorphins interacting with the opiate receptors of my brain (aka runners' high), is absolutely euphoric!  Also, what better way is there to relieve stress than pounding out the pavement while blaring Eminem?  Thirdly, I love the overwhelming feelings of physical and emotional strength I get from overcoming my screaming muscles and the voice in my head tempting me to stop.  After a great run, I feel like a strong and powerful woman, and that to me, is the the best part about running.

No comments:

Post a Comment