Monday, July 25, 2011

Art Fair

The Ann Arbor Art Fair is usually one of the craziest weeks of the year.  For one, it's always record-breakingly hot, and for another, it seems each year the swarms of tourists grows larger.  The art fair itself brings a lot of commerce and attention to the city, but to locals and students in the area over the summer, the art fair brings terrible traffic and long lines at bars and restaurants.  Most frustrating for me was my inability to ride my bike through the crowds on my way running errands downtown.  Non-Ann Arbor pedestrians really have no clue how to avoid stepping and stopping in the path of a cyclist.

My friends and I managed to make the most out of the art fair, however, and took advantage of the sidewalk sales and beer tents.

Here are some of the pictures I took while roaming the streets.













No comments:

Post a Comment