Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bethenny

I recently bought the book Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel, used of course (yay for recycling!) and I can honestly say it's beginning to change my relationship with food, even after only four chapters! I've spent my whole life dieting, or thinking about diets, just like most girls my age. Not only is it not satisfying, it's usually not successful. Bethenny's #1 rule is simple:
treat food like your bank account.
What the eff does that mean? Well, you don't want to "spend" all your carbs/fat/sugars at once...and you definitely shouldn't! It's alright to splurge once in a while, as long as you save elsewhere. Have that cheeseburger at lunch! Just don't get the fries.. Just like dropping all your cash at one store and having an entire mall to go! And if you do eat the cheeseburger (or the fries), balance the fat and carbs with a salad with grilled chicken and veggies for dinner.

and never feel guilty. if you honestly crave something and only eat a few bites (savor them!), no "damage" will be done.

This is only a portion of the book, and already the woman's got me convinced. I'm excited to read the rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment