Monday, June 4, 2012

pizza night!

On Saturday I got lunch with a friend at a great little pizza restaurant in Ann Arbor, called Silvio's.  I ordered the vegan pesto pizza and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was!  Ever since, I've been craving a good vegan pizza, and decided to make one of my own, using Silvio's version as inspiration.


I love using pita bread as a crust, rather than buying pre-made crusts, or God help me.. make one myself (let's face it.. i'm not exactly a chef and I have about 2 square feet of counter space in my kitchen).  The following is my recipe:

Vegan Pesto Pita Pizza

1 pita loaf
2-3 tablespoons of pesto sauce (I used Williams-Sonoma basil pesto)
1 small onion, sliced
1 small roma tomato (I had a large sandwich tomato, so I took slices off of that)
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup vegan mozzerella

Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until cheese turns a golden color

If you haven't tried the Williams-Sonoma pesto sauce, you should.  It's honestly the best pre-made pesto I've ever tried... and I've tried many!


No comments:

Post a Comment