Thursday, November 24, 2011

thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!

Thanksgiving has to be one of my very favorite holidays...besides christmas of course!  What's not to love about an extended weekend without school/work, being around family (and friends, read: black wednesday), as well as LOTS of yummy food that you can eat and eat and eat and never feel guilty!!  ...at least I don't ;)

What was on my family's Thanksgiving dinner menu?

Hors d'oeuvres:
cashews, cashews, CASHEWS!
black olives
shrimp cocktail
...and my very famous cheese ball with crackers!

Dinner:
deep-fried turkey (we live life on the edge)
homemade stuffing with ground italian sausage
mashed red-skin potatoes made with greek yogurt and chives
butternut squash and creamed spinach casserole..my personal fav!
cranberry sauce with real cranberries and also the jellied stuff for me :\

Wine:
Sparkling Julian (for the little-uns)
Beaujolais Nouveau

Have yourselves a fantastic time eating turkey or tofurkey or whatever floats your boat!  I need to rest up for the big Black Friday celebrations!



No comments:

Post a Comment