Tuesday, May 22, 2012

summer salad recipes!

Now that school is out and I have more time to get creative in the kitchen, I've been whipping up some yummy (most of the time) new vegan recipes!  The temperatures here in Michigan have been hot hot hot lately, so I've taken advantage of the beautiful weather and come up with some different salad recipes I've been eating nonstop!  Enjoy :)

Lunch
organic dark leafy greens (I love arugula and spinach!)
chopped watermelon
balsalmic vinaigrette dressing

toss and serve with hummus and pita chips

Dinner
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup sautéed asparagus
1/2 cup orange bell peppers
1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed

let cool and refrigerate (optional, I just like it better cold, especially on hot days!)

1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp balsalmic vinegar

toss and enjoy immediately :)





No comments:

Post a Comment